Do you live in Holtwood, PA, and plan to do a bathroom and kitchen remodel? You are at the right place.
Kitchen and bathroom remodeling is something that everyone wants to do, but not everyone knows how to approach it.
Before choosing a service provider, there are many factors to consider, many mistakes to avoid, and a lot of preparations to make.
Here is a comprehensive yet precise guide to how you can go about this home remodeling project.
But first things first, ensure you are working with the right contractor.
We will look at what makes us stand out later in the article.
For now, let’s discuss:
- Why do you need to remodel your kitchen and bathroom
- Tips for doing the remodel on a budget
- And the mistakes to avoid
Why do you need kitchen and bathroom remodeling?
You may be thinking that hiring a remodeling company is a luxury, one that you can do without. But think about it:
kitchen and bathroom remodeling has to offer so much more than just the brand new look of your living spaces.
Standard updates include restoring cabinets, replacing countertops, updating appliances, and repairing plumbing problems and light fixtures for maximum results.
Remodeling kitchen and bathroom can offer you:
Not having to worry about storage, especially in the kitchen, is perhaps the best thing that can happen to any homeowner.
Kitchen remodeling makes it possible to get the most out of your current space by creating extra kitchen cabinets and countertops where you can conveniently store all your utensils, spices, cooking gear, etc.
Better kitchen functionality
Kitchen remodeling offers more than just aesthetics—it also provides functionality. The renovation will make your kitchen look better and ensure its ergonomics are up to date, so you do not have to deal with any inconvenience arising from outdated appliances or layout design.
A more functional bathroom
A bathroom renovation ensures that all the elements are in working order – with all the necessary plumbing, ventilation, and lighting fixtures in check.
Better use of space
Renovating your kitchen opens up possibilities of new layouts where there were none before. It will increase your kitchen’s footprint and create more storage room while adding an extra surface where you can cook, serve food, etc. Kitchen Remodeling makes sure that each element is in proportion with the rest of the room so that everything fits perfectly into one frame.
Increased value to your home
Kitchen and bathroom remodeling will increase not only the value of your home but also its rental potential. It greatly influences how much you can get for your property when it comes time to sell or rent it out.
Tips for doing bathroom and kitchen remodeling on a budget
Having your dream does not have to drain your whole account. Here are some tips that will ensure it doesn’t:
- Before starting work in any room, ensure that all necessary permits are obtained, and inspections are scheduled with appropriate departments (fire, building). Also, check with gas departments about any requirements needed if you intend to use gas cookers. Not doing so will lead to delays which will increase the ultimate cost. In some instances, you may even have to pay penalties or fines.
- Spend some time planning out how much you would like to spend on cabinets before actually purchasing them. Custom cabinetry is where most people go overboard when thinking about upgrading their kitchen. Let your contractor advise on this.
- Choose fixtures that are timeless and will not be out of date very quickly but also won’t completely break the bank. For example, if you want to update your faucet in the kitchen, choose an oil-rubbed bronze finish as it has been popular for years and will continue to be so.
- Re-use, resurface, recycle. Do not spend money on things you can re-use. Also, instead of replacing your countertops, you could resurface instead.
Top mistakes that you should never make during a bathroom and kitchen remodeling project
Mistake 1: Not having a plan/budget
All too often, homeowners begin their kitchen remodel without creating a written plan, which leads to pricey changes down the line that can deplete your wallet quickly! You may be tempted to save money.
Mistake 2: Not hiring a professional
It is best to hire professionals for complex repairs, repairs on old homes, or simply anything that requires knowledge in electrical wiring, plumbing, etc.
You may be tempted to try and save money by tackling the job yourself, but you do not want to risk your safety for a few bucks.
Mistake 3: Rushing it to save money
Spending more time planning and budgeting your project will help you get better value while saving yourself from stress and panic attacks in the process.
Planning takes time, but it is vital because it will help you avoid costly mistakes such as overspending or choosing low-quality materials, among other things.
Mistake 4: Not prioritizing the important stuff
The most common mistake many homeowners make is not prioritizing their “must-haves” over their “nice-to-haves.” Doing this will save you money and time in the long run, and you will be able to get better value without compromising on style!
Mistake 5: Not considering the future
We can assure you that home renovations will be as expensive as you make them, which means it’s essential to consider long-term costs.
For instance, if you want new tiles on your kitchen floor, but those tiles are too cold in winter or too hot in summer, then they may not be the best choice unless you plan to replace them after a few years anyway.
These are the general mistakes that usually complicate the remodeling process. However, these shouldn’t be a problem while working with Weaber Bros since you will get the necessary advice to make informed decisions.
Why does Weaber Bros stand out from the competition?
Some businesses choose to follow a one-size-fits-all approach. But we believe each customer is unique and deserves personalized service – so we do everything in our power to accommodate individual needs through all stages of the remodeling process. This includes:
- Free in-home consultations
- Discussing remodeling ideas with customers before making any suggestions;
- Helpful and efficient staff will answer all your questions and help you choose the best products available for your budget.
- Custom design according to your specifications
- Offering advice on product selection for different purposes;
- Working closely with you throughout installation processes;
- Providing thorough maintenance guidelines to ensure the maximum longevity of purchased items.
- Quick delivery of materials, so we can work as swiftly as possible; plus, any additional charges for quick delivery are deducted from the total cost.
- Quick response time, that is, 24×7 availability. You can reach us anytime, through phone or email, for any concerns about your project.
What are our clients saying about our services?
One of our previous projects; slightly different from kitchen or bathroom remodeling, was a project for Larry. It was a deck replacement project and it required that we remove his wood deck and replace it with a composite deck.
We carried out the project successfully, and here’s what the client had to say:
Bathroom and Kitchen Remodeling With Weabers Bros, Inc
We handle all kitchen and bathroom renovations, small or big. We understand the needs of consumers like you who want their kitchens and bathrooms redesigned in style using quality components, and we guarantee that.
So if you’re looking for a remodeling company to help with your remodeling projects, call us today.